Personal information is information about identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). It does not include non-personal information like business information, or information that enables an individual to be contacted at a place of business, for example an employee’s name, position or title, business title, business telephone number, or business address.
Section 1 – What Information Do We Collect about You
We collect and process the following data about your Personal Information:
- (a) Information that you submit online via the Website. This includes but not limited to email marketing where you have signed up and gave permission to TOQi to send you emails about our store, new products, or other updates.
- (b) As part of the buying and selling process, we collect information such as name, address, email address, phone number, and other information to properly ensure we can process and ship your order.
- (c) When you browse our Website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- (d) Details of your visit to the Website and the resources that you access which may include amongst other things, traffic data and communication data.
- (e) Any correspondence you send to us on various media sources such as, but not limited to, emails, phone, or social media.
All Person Information collected through the Website and Services is collected voluntarily. However, if you do not provide the Personal Information requested you may not be able to use our Website or Services.
Section 2 – Verifying Your Age
Section 3 – What Do We Do with Information about You
We use your Personal Information we collect about you:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes.
- To ensure that the Website’s content is presented effectively as possible for you.
- For our internal purposes, such as quality control, Website performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Website, so that we can provide you with enhanced services.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you.
- To verify your age to ensure you are an adult of legal purchasing age (age of majority), see SECTION 2 for further details.
We may disclose Personal Information to technical service providers to operate or maintain our Services. We may provide aggregate statistics about our services, customers, traffic patterns and other information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
Section 4 – What we do NOT Do with Information About
We do not use, sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose your Personal Information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
We do not keep financial information on hand or within any storage. We direct purchase information directly to Authorize.net.
Section 5 – Consent and Withdrawal Consent
When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
You may withdraw your consent to the continued collection, use or discourse of your Personal Information by TOQi at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the request may result in the termination of your access to our Services.
If you withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information that you have previously attributed us to share with others, you should know that others may already have retained a copy of your Personal Information in their own records and databases.
Section 6 – Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using a secure socket layer technology (SSL) connection.
We also take the necessary measures to ensure that all access to Personal Information is strictly limited on a need-to-know basis to persons for whom such information is necessary for the performance of their functions and duties. Unauthorized access to or disclosure of your Personal Information by one of our employees is strictly prohibited and will result in appropriate disciplinary measures.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, if you have any questions about security on our Website you can contact us at email@example.com.
Section 7 – Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase related transaction. We recommend you read these third-party providers privacy policies so you can understand the way your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Section 8 – Accessing and changing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the Personal Information that we collect and to request a correction to it if you believe that it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information that you would like access to or would like to change, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to requests within the time allowed by applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain Personal Information.
Section 10 – Contact
You may also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM by toll-free number 1-800-282-1376 or by mail at 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3. The Privacy Commissioner’s website is https://www.priv.gc.ca/.